Legal Stuff

This site is created through Blogger, so I am legally required to inform you this blog uses cookies. I'm not a techie, so I can't detail all the consequences, but you've been warned.

Announcement: Applying for the Senate!

Friday 1 April 2016
It is with great pleasure that I am announcing that I, Nigel Kirk, will be seeking a position within the Canadian Senate once nominations open up. Overall, I fit most of the qualifications except for net worth, which could be challenged based on based on court decisions determining what counts as discrimination and social standing certainly passes this test. Considering this is a job within the federal government which must adhere to the charter and Canadian Human Rights Act, this should be a cinch.

My qualifications go beyond that though. I am indeed at least 30 years of age. I have enough free time that actually appearing for senate proceedings would be a cinch. And knowing how to live for less than $25,000.00 a year means living within $145,000 dollars would be a cinch. Allowances and expense claims could be kept to an absolute minimum saving taxpayers money and restoring faith in the upper chamber because I could guarantee I would not be involved in any expense scandal.

Plus, having no real estate property in Calgary means I couldn't claim a resident here. I would be forced to pay out of my Salary to rent in Ottawa, and as a man of simple means, I could still easily do that within the budget of my salary.

While I do have some political leanings, I can still remain fairly non-partisan. I have no affiliation with any major federal party and have voted for different parties in different elections. Provincially, as a supporter of the Alberta Party, one of our core beliefs is not of hyperpartisanship, but of supporting good ideas, no matter where they come from.

It is for these reasons and more that I believe I have all the qualifications necessary to become a Canadian Senator. Sign this petition and click on the paypal button to the right to help support my efforts!

No comments:

Post a Comment